Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hello Singapore!

I am back! It was a tiring but fun and funny trip to Milan via Dubai. Tiring,cos i am so not used to being a passenger. I swear i almost died sitting down for 7 hours and 7 hours again! It is so much more easier to work to the destination than to sit down and watch movies! I am serious. Time passes so slowly. SO slowly..i can fall asleep and wake up and still we have not arrived yet. So i shall not complain about my work now. hehe..Fun because it is the first time i went for a so called holiday with James. Actually i was just tagging along on his conference held in Como,Italy. We stayed in this hotel near the lake. So it was quite accessible and there were plenty to do there. One thing which was not so nice was the weather. It can be very windy and chilly one moment,and then extremely hot and sunny the next minute. I had no idea what to wear!!

Before we reached Milan,we stopped over in Dubai for a night. Their new terminal is HUGE. And it is actually quite nice,but the people there...they work and walk soooooo slow...James actually said that they walk more gracefully than me,which i have to admit it is true.. :P Weather in Dubai was hot,hot,hot. Shower and the next thing you know,you are all sweaty. I really hate this kind of weather. While i was there,i saw on the news about the Air France crash. Scary isn't it? Imagine holding a funeral for someone you love,knowing that they are dead,yet their bodies are nowhere to be found. Sigh,i can only pray this never happens to me.

Okay,back to Milan. Food,were aplenty. But stuffing yourself with pasta and pizzas every meal of the day,can make you quite sick. I was craving for some tom yum,chinese stir-fry and malay nasi padang by day 3. We had no choice,but to pay a bit extra to have some sushi,to free our tummies of pasta for a day!Now that i have travelled as a passenger,i realized how much pampered we are in our job. No need to worry about hotel reservations,lining up for customs,or transportation to the hotels. I can proudly say that this trip has made me more independent?(slightly) I now know how to take a train from Como to Milan,how to walk from Como Borghi station to the Universities area and also what to do when faced with difficult situations. It is a long story,but anyway,glad to be back!

I think this trip has also made me understand more of certain aspects of my relationship with James. Not in a bad way,but more of a new understanding which i feel will be good for us.

Oh,oh i have to share this story with you all!You know how in Duomo,the place where there are always a lot of pigeons? I was there trying to take pictures when this man,forced bird seeds into my palms. THE moment he did,all the pigeons were all over me. I screamed and screamed,and he refused to let go of my hand!!!!!!! I have pictures to prove it!! I ended up with scratches all over my hands.. :( the pigeons were on my head,my shoulders,just everywhere!! Then people started taking pictures of me. They must have find it very amusing that i was terrified. SO bad of them! Even James was taking pictures of me instead of helping me.. :( hehe but now i know how it feels ya,to be a tree! hahaha

Pictures coming up soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment